North Carolina Passport Offices
Visit any of the 138 North Carolina passport office locations. There are currently offices in North Carolina that are available for helping you receive or update your travel documents. Find a North Carolina passport office by searching your current city.
A passport office in North Carolina is a government facility where U.S. citizens can apply for or renew their passports, enabling them to explore the world. Each state in the U.S. boasts at least one of these passport offices, offering convenience and accessibility.
When applying for a passport in North Carolina, remember these key points:
- North Carolina's passport offices require prior appointments, so be sure to schedule one in advance.
- To obtain a passport, you'll need a completed DS-11 form, proof of U.S. citizenship (like a birth certificate), and government-issued identification (such as a North Carolina driver's license).
- Passport fees can vary in North Carolina based on whether you're applying for a new passport, renewing an existing one, or seeking expedited service.
- Photo services may be available on-site at certain passport offices in North Carolina, or you may need to bring your passport photo.
- Typically, standard passport applications take about 4-6 weeks to process, but expedited services offered at North Carolina offices can reduce this to 2-3 weeks.
Applying for a passport can be straightforward if you're prepared with the necessary documents and information. For state-specific details and requirements, reach out to your local passport office in North Carolina.